Looking after your pearly whites and gums should be the main goal of your oral health routine. That includes your beautiful veneers. Likely those perfect veneers were a significant financial outlay, so you should do your best to make sure they last as long as possible.
So do veneers need maintenance? The answer is yes. To get the best out of your veneers, there are some ways to maintain and care for them.
Here are some tips to help your veneers last as long as possible.
- Don’t bite on food with your veneers, especially hard and chewy foods like crunchy vegetables and meat
- See your dentist regularly – every six months for a checkup and professional cleaning is highly recommended
- When using dental floss, pull the floss out of the teeth rather than in a downwards motion
- Take care not to damage veneers during physical activity and active sports
- Do your best not to grind or gnash your teeth
Porcelain veneers should last for about five to ten years. Resin veneers have a shorter life. Both types of veneers don’t need special care other than regular flossing, brushing, and dentist visits. Professional cleanings twice a year are highly recommended.
If veneers are well cared for, they can last much longer.
Remember, even though veneers don’t deteriorate and decay as teeth do, you still need to maintain healthy teeth and gums to make sure your veneers last as long as possible.
Are you thinking about getting veneers? Or do you want to have your veneers checked to see if they need replacing? At Smile Perfectors, we are proud of our work with veneers.
And if one of your veneers falls out one day, we are here to get that smile back to perfect with a new veneer that will be stronger and better than ever!