How To Treat Swollen Gums at Home – Swollen Gums are indeed one of the most common signs of serious dental conditions, disease, or infection. “How to treat gum swelling?” is what patients suffering from intense pain due to swollen gums ask. Most people are focussing on maintaining the optimum health of teeth as well as preventing cavities while neglecting gum swelling treatment. If you are looking for Home Remedies for Swollen Gums then it is sure that you are worried about the swollen gum area around the teeth. But as gum swelling is a common dental problem, there is no need to get tensed about it.
What are the causes of swollen gums?
Usually, there are many reasons due to which an individual has to suffer from swollen gums. Some of the potential causes that lead to gum swelling are,
- Food Particles Stuck Between Teeth
- Poor Oral Hygiene
- Dental Abscess
Fortunately, a lot of things can be done to alleviate the pain and swelling of the gums caused due to above-mentioned conditions or syndromes. Want to learn more about the causes of gum swelling and know about gum swelling treatment? Read our article – “Why are your gums bleeding and swollen?”
Well, It is normal to think of trying some effective home remedies to treat swollen gums. But, if you have been suffering through intense pain due to swollen gums for more than 5-7 days, then we recommend you should schedule an appointment at SmilePerfectors – a leading Family Dental Care and Cosmetic Dentistry that offers dental treatment in Tysons Corner, Arlington, Rosslyn, and Vienna, VA.
How To Treat Swollen Gums at Home?
Saltwater For Swollen Gum Treatment
It will indeed be one of the most effective home remedies for swollen gums if you are rinsing with saltwater. Not only will saltwater rinsing help to soothe the inflammation of the gums but also it will accelerate the healing of swollen gums.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt into 8 ounces of moderately warm water and mix it well
- Rinse your mouth with the saltwater solution for at least 25-30 seconds before spitting out
- Repeat the process twice a day
Turmeric Gel To Treat Gum Swelling
As you all may know, curcumin (Enriched with anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory properties) is included in Turmeric Gel, it can be useful in treating the swelling and bleeding of gums. Turmeric Gel can be the most appropriate option when it comes to preventing plaque and gingivitis.
- First, rinse your mouth with fresh water
- Apply sufficient Turmeric Gel to your swollen gums
- Rinse off the Turmeric Gel after 10 minutes
- Do it twice a day
Warm and Cold Compresses To Treat Swollen Gums
If you want to try another home treatment to get pain relief from gum swelling caused due to teeth extraction or any other dental conditions. Then warm and cold compresses can be considered as an effective gum swelling treatment to be done at home. The patient will also get relieved from the pain, bruising, and swelling of the gums using this swollen gum home treatment.
- Take a fresh and clean washcloth or towel
- Soak it in moderately warm water for 5-10 minutes and squeeze the excess water out
- Hold the warm washcloth against the swollen gums for 5 minutes – outside your mouth, not in direct contact with the swollen gums
- Then, take a bag of crushed ice and wrap it with a clean washcloth or towel
- Hold the cold washcloth wrapped around the crushed ice against the mouth for around 5 minutes
- Repeat the Warm and Cold Compresses 2 to 3 times a day for 2 days
- Consult with a professional dentist if gum swelling is not healed with this treatment method
Schedule a free consultation at SmilePerfectors to treat Swollen Gums at Home
SmilePerfectors is a leading and renowned Family Dental Care and Cosmetic Dentistry in Tysons Corner, VA. We have a team of well-experienced as well as skilled dentists and we offer exceptional dental treatment and services at multiple locations in Virginia. Feel free to Book an Appointment and get a free consultation to cure swollen gums and all other dental problems. In order to get excellent and effective treatment for swollen gums, give us a call at (703) 356 1200. Also, visit our official page on Facebook.
Also, read –