Is jaw-related pain and significant headaches frequently destroying your routine works? If yes, then its time for you to visit Dr. Jason Favagehi in Tysons Corner for expert assistance on TMJ treatment. The latter is one of the oral health conditions that occur when dysfunction is present in and around the TMJ joints that regulate the necessary movements like speaking and eating.
Dr. Jason Favagehi and his team of cosmetic dentists at SmilePerfectors can arrange personalized TMJ treatment based on your medical condition and help you work towards lasting relief. For more information on TJM treatment available in Tysons Corner, please contact SmilePerfectors at https://www.smileperfectors.com.
Symptoms of TMJ Disorder?
The list of symptoms of TMJ disorder is quite long, but some of the most common symptoms are mentioned below;
– Do you grind or clench your teeth?
– Do you usually wake up in the morning with sore, stiff muscles around your jaws?
– Do you frequently suffer headaches or neck aches?
– Does the pain get worse when you clench your teeth?
– Does your jaw make a clicking or popping sounds?
– Does your jaw grate, lock or grate when you open the mouth?
– Do you experience the pain while eating, speaking and yawing?
– Have you ever injured your neck, head, or jaws?
– Do you experience facial swelling?
– Do you feel pressure in from of the ears?
– Do you find it hard and painful to tear or bite the food with your front teeth?
– Are your teeth sensitive, loose, broken or worn?
If your answer to most of the questions is “YES”, then more likely it is that you have a TMJ disorder. It’s time for you to meet consult an experienced dentist and understand the course of treatment so that you can enjoy a pain free life.
TMJ Treatment in Tysons Corner
At SmilePerfectors, we have different treatment options for you based on your medical condition. Once an evaluation confirms a diagnosis of TMJ disorder, our team of cosmetic dentists will underline the suitable course of treatment.
The sole objective of TMJ treatment at SmilePerfectors is to offer long term relief to our patients. Initially, we strive to relieve the muscle spasm and joint pain with the help of a muscle relaxant, pain reliever or anti-inflammatory.
Our dentists will examine and observe how your jaw closes to gauge the level of your disorder, as well as check the condition of your teeth to see what treatment can best assist you. As one of its preventive measures, SmilePerfectors can help reduce the strain your teeth experience when they grind against each other by getting you fitted with a Nightguard™. Nightguards prevent your top and bottom sets of teeth from touching each other while you sleep, so teeth deterioration from teeth grinding is kept to an absolute minimum.
To make an appointment, call 703-356-1200 or click here to request an appointment online.