The Root canal is a dental treatment to protect a badly decayed tooth or infected tooth. Under the hard, outer, external layer of enamel and dentin is a soft tissue called as pulp that houses blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue.
When the pulp becomes inflamed or infected because of deep decay, a crack in the tooth or bad crown, Root Canal Treatment becomes extremely necessary. If the tooth is left untreated, the infection can get worst and may need further surgical intervention and sometimes the tooth may actually have to be extracted. Root canal treatment is destined to save a tooth; but still people get worried when the treatment is suggested.
However, Here are the 5 Root Canal Myths Debunked by Endodontic in Tysons, and they are;
1. Root Canal is a Painful Treatment – Virtually root canal is a pain free treatment. Contradictory, root canal treatment, in fact relives pain as it removes the pulp, which is the main reasons for the pain. Moreover, with the advancements in the dental technologies, trainings, equipment – modern day root canal treatment is totally painless.
2. Root Canal Treatment Needs Several Visit to Dental Clinic – Many people believe that tooth extraction is better that the root canal as it is quicker. Well, it’s not true in every medical condition. In some medical conditions, tooth extraction is the solution, whereas in some instances, you have to go for a root canal. If you are avoiding root canal treatment just because you have to visit a dental clinic for multiple times and shell out your money, then it’s a myth. Root canal treatment usually requires 1 to 3 visits. It is basically the condition of the tooth that determines the number of visits required.
3. Root Canal Treatment is Not Always Successful – Some patients also avoid root canal treatment saying that the success rate of treatment is very low. Well, not to surprise, root canal procedures have about 95% success rate, if treated by an experienced endodontist (By: American Association of Endodontist). If you are taking a good care of tooth and surrounding gums, the natural tooth can last life time without any further treatment.
4. Root Canal Treatment Causes Illness – Another widespread myth about root canal treatment is that people usually fall ill after the root canal procedure. This myth is based on a poorly designed and debunked research that took place almost a century ago. In fact, root canal treatment is the procedure to remove the bacteria from the infected part of the mouth and protect the mouth. Root canal treatments are designed to fight infection, not cause it.
5. A Root Canal “kills” the Tooth – Root canal treatment is destined to protect the infected tooth and not kill it. During the procedure, an endodontic cleans and disinfects the tooth and allows it to heal. Hence, root canal does not kill a tooth.
Root Canal Treatment in Tysons
Want to save your tooth? Looking for root canal treatment in Tysons? If so, we welcome you to visit SmilePerfectors – an advanced dental clinic in Tysons Corner located at 8304-C Old Courthouse Road Vienna, VA 22182. At SmilePerfectors, Dr. Jason Favagehi and his team of endodontics offer root canal treatment with unmatched precision to treat and save a tooth that is damaged, infected or badly decayed.
To know more about root canal treatment or to know whether you are a candidate for root canal treatment or not, please schedule a free consultation at https://www.smileperfectors.com.