Bad breath is one of the most common dental problems that all of us hate. Up to 50% of the population or more will experience bad breath at some point in their lives. Bad breath is usually caused due to the food that we eat. Bad oral care routine and food that we eat are the most common reasons behind the bad breath, but there are also some other reasons such as dry mouth, dental infection, tobacco consumption, etc.
Here’s How to Avoid Bad Breath
Poor oral care routine is one of the most common reasons behind the cause of bad breath. A good dental care routine will not only help you get rid of bad breath, but it will also help you stay protected from other expensive and annoying dental disorders.
Follow these oral care tips:
Brush and Floss Regularly – Brushing at least twice is a day is highly recommended by every dentist across the globe. Brushing after every meal can rejuvenate your oral health. While brushing your teeth, do not forget to clean your tongue and floss your teeth.
Drink More Water – Dry mouth is one of the main causes of the bad breath; hence, drink more water so that your mouth stays moist. Moreover, water cleans food particles and bacteria that are stuck between the teeth and gums.
Change Toothbrush – Don’t forget to change your toothbrush every 3 months. However, if it frayed before 3 months, then change it immediately.
Herbs and Chewing Gums – There are some herbs and chewing gums that can offer you relief from bad breath. Herbs such as parsley leaves can be chewed to overcome the problem of bad breath. You can also take the help of chewing gums to combat bad breath problems.
For Diagnosis Meet a Dentist
If you are persistently experiencing a bad breath problem, then it is recommended to visit a dentist at the earliest. Your dentist will examine your oral health and evaluate the causes behind the continuous bad breath. Treatment of bad breath depends on the causes.
1. If the cause behind bad breath is determined to be bacteria build-up or plaque on teeth, then you should consider the use of toothpaste and mouthwash with an antibacterial agent.
2. If gum disease is the reason behind the bad breath, your dentist will suggest a treatment plan to overcome both the disorders – gum disease as well as bad breath.
3. If the bad breath is because of faulty or damaged dental fillings and other restorative devices, then your dentist will replace the damaged portion with the new one.
4. If the bad breath is because of dry mouth or medication, then your dentist will suggest a treatment course to cure the problem.
5. If the bad breath is due to oral infections, then your dentist will address the infection and clean the infected areas to help you overcome the bad breath issue.
6.There are some serious conditions such as diabetes, cancer and gastroesophageal reflux disease that may cause bad breath. If your dentist sees any signs of these, they will recommend that you contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Contact Dentist at SmilePerfectors, Tysons Corner
Looking for advice on bad breath, gum diseases, or any other aspect of your dental or oral health? You’ll find the answer at SmilePerfectors – an advanced dental office in Tysons Corner.
At SmilePerfectors, we have a team of highly skilled and qualified dentists in Vienna to offer various dental treatments in a relaxing and hygiene environment. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 703-534-1611. You can also visit our website to learn more about our dental services https://www.smileperfectors.com.