We are glad to know that owning a whiter, brighter smile is one of your New Year resolutions, and you have contacted your family dentist for the teeth whitening treatment. But, do you know that teeth whitening is not permanent? If you don’t care for your teeth or even if you don’t adhere to a healthy diet routine, your teeth may get stained and yellowish again. So, what can be done? Don’t worry. Here are some teeth whitening aftercare tips by SmilePerfectors (a dental center in Tysons Corner), so that you can enjoy that million-dollar smile for a long time.
Aftercare Tips to Keep Your Teeth Whiter after Teeth Whitening
After teeth whitening treatment, your teeth are porous for several days; hence, it is necessary that you avoid foods and drinks that will likely stain your teeth, such as:
• Coffee and tea
• Red wine / Alcohol
• Berry fillings in pies or other baked goods
• Tobacco products
1. Tea and coffee can stain your teeth again; hence, try to avoid or minimize the consumption of coffee and tea. Moreover, for the betterment of your teeth after teeth whitening, limit the consumption of staining food such as curry dishes, blueberries or beets. Use a straw to enjoy staining beverage such as tea, coffee, red wine, etc.
2. Consumption of tobacco and its byproducts is one of the top reasons behind the most oral problems, including stained and pale yellow teeth. Therefore, avoid consumption of tobacco and its byproducts to stay away from oral problems, including oral cancer.
3. Food with high acidic content can also lead to stains; hence, don’t eat/drink too much of acidic foods and drinks. Acidic foods and drinks can damage the tooth enamel. Moreover, they can also impact the color of your newly whitened teeth.
4. Don’t stop practicing a good oral care routine. Brush your teeth twice a day, use good quality of mouthwash (ask your family dentist if he can prescribe any) and floss the teeth after brushing. After teeth whitening treatment, make sure you brush your teeth with an anti-sensitive toothpaste. These good oral care practices will keep your teeth healthy and protect their new brighter look. Eat fruits and vegetables such as green beans, apples, carrots and cauliflower to name a few, to “scrub” your teeth as you chew and promote the flow of saliva.
Teeth Whitening in Tysons Corner:
We are SmilePerfectors, a hi-tech, complete family dental care center in Tysons Corner. When it comes to teeth whitening in Tysons Corner, we stand second to none in terms of experience and dental equipment. We offer both In-House and In-Office teeth whitening treatments to our patients in Tysons Corner. For teeth whitening, at SmilePerfectors, we use the Zoom Whitening System Phillips, a revolutionary light-based tooth whitening procedures.
For teeth whitening treatment in Tysons Corner, please contact us at https://www.smileperfectors.com/page/whitening. To schedule an appointment via phone call, please call us at 703–356–1200 (Tysons Corner, Vienna)