Are you missing a tooth? Are you feeling self-conscious because of it? Are you looking for a way to restore your missing tooth? While there are different options available, dental implants will certainly prove to be the best choice. A missing tooth not only affects your self-confidence but also causes harm to other healthy teeth. Furthermore, enjoying your favorite foods can be difficult because of a missing tooth; hence, a long-term replacement is necessary.
Dental Implants in Detail
The most popular restorative option, a dental implant involves one of the most advanced dentistry procedures. A dental implant entails fixing a metal post (often a titanium post) to support a replacement dental crown in order to give you a natural look. A qualified and skilled dentist fixes the metal post to your jawbone and then places an abutment on top of it. Once you heal, the dentist will cement a natural-looking ceramic tooth on the abutment.
• An Implant looks and feels like a natural tooth
• An Implant functions like a natural tooth
• An Implant allows comfortable chewing
• An Implant allows better speech (in contrast to dentures, which can slip in the mouth and disrupt your speech)
• An Implant is remarkably durable
These are just some of the benefits you can enjoy by having dental implants.
How durable are they?
The question that most potential patients have in mind is, “How long the dental implants will last?” Dental implants are meant to be permanent; however, their longevity will depend on the following:
• Mass of the jawbone: In order to receive durable implants, adequate bone density to hold them firmly is necessary. It is for this reason, your dentist first evaluates your jawbone, before advising dental implant surgery. If the bone density is not enough, your dentist will advise bone-grafting surgery prior to dental implant surgery. With an adequate bone, your implants will last permanently.
• State of your gums: Your implants can fail prematurely due to gum disease. For that reason, it is vital to keep your gums and mouth healthy. If you have any gum disease, your dentist will advise a proper gum treatment before suggesting the dental implants. With strong gums, your implants will last longer.
• Lifestyle: Tobacco consumption, unhealthy eating habit, and poor oral health are just some lifestyle aspects that affect the longevity of a dental implant. Talk to your dentist to know what lifestyle changes you may need to make in order to improve the durability of your implants.
• Poor Placement: Relying on inexperienced dentists leads to poor placement and with time your dental implant comes apart. For that reason, always go to experienced dentists, like at SmilePerfectors, who can skillfully place dental implants and ensure their longevity.
A leading dental arts center, SmilePerfectors offers the best dental implants in Tysons Corner. With the years of experience and latest dental technology, experienced dentists at SmilePerfectors provide safe and convenient dental implants in Tysons Corner.
To discover more about our dental implants service, please visit http://www.smileperfectors.com/page/implants. Alternatively, you can also get in touch with one of our dental implant specialists by scheduling an appointment with this simple “Request an Appointment” form http://www.smileperfectors.com/request-an-appoinment.